Skills Training UK
Skills Training UK
Skills Training UK is an innovative Skills and Employability provider offering a joined up approach working with 16-24 years olds on study programme and traineeships. Our values are about making a positive difference to the lives of every young person who joins one of our programmes.
Our programmes are designed to help you to develop the skills and experience which employers look for in young people so when you join we can progress you onto an apprenticeship, job with training, full/part time employment or higher education.
Ignite Your Success!
Courses for 16-18's
Ignite your success with our vocational courses for 16-18 year olds and take the next step toward your goals.
We’re not like school or college – classes are smaller, your programme is tailored to you and our supportive trainers and mentors will help you reach your potential.
We offer vocational qualifications at Level 1, 2 and 3 alongside qualifications in English and Maths, if you need them.
Everyone is welcome, so don’t worry if you have struggled in the past or think that something might hold you back. We will work with you to develop your knowledge, skills and your confidence.
We can’t wait to welcome you on to one of our inspiring courses! See below for more.
Courses that are currently on offer:
- Study Programme (16-18)
- Level 2 Health and Social Care
- Level 2 Customer Service
- Level 2 Business Admin
- Level 3 Business
- Level 2 Warehousing and Storage
A Traineeship is a training programme designed to help you towards an Apprenticeship, further education or a job in the sector you want to work in. A Traineeship from Skills Training UK will give you:
- High-quality work experience
- The opportunity to study towards vocational qualification(s) in your chosen sector
- Personal and employability skills for the workplace
- English and Maths support, if you don’t already have them at GCSE grades 9-4 or equivalent
- Support to take positive next steps towards your goals
We currently offer Traineeships within the following sectors:
- Level 1 Traineeship in Health and Safety In A Construction Environment
- Level 2 Traineeship in Business Administration
- Level 2 Traineeship in Health and Care with Infection Prevention and Control
- Level 2 Traineeship in Customer Service
- Level 2 Traineeship in Digital Marketing with Customer Service
Who can do a Traineeship?
You are eligible for a Traineeship if:
- You are aged between 16-24 (or up to age 25 if you have a health and care plan) and not currently in education or training.
- You have any qualifications up to and including Level 3
- You are motivated to work
- You are unemployed, or work fewer than 16 hours per week and have little work experience.
You can choose from sector-specific traineeships which include accredited, nationally-recognised qualifications in your chosen area.
We’re not like school or college; classes are small, your learning programme is tailored to you and our supportive trainers and mentors are always on hand to help.
We also offer a wide range of short courses which are linked to our Study and traineeships programmes.
- Emergency First Aid in the Work Place Level 2
- Food Hygiene Level 2
- Manual Handling
- Health and Safety
We offer a range of adult courses (19+) to help you gain vocational qualifications, improve your English and maths, and boost your chances of finding work.
We provide careers advice, help to arrange job interviews and introductions to local and national employers. Our adult courses are currently only available in the West Midlands.
- Skills Training UK
- Priory House, 2 Priory Road, DUDLEY, West Midlands, DY1 1HH
- 07787 104193
- 01384 259501
Times & Dates
Days of the week
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Time of Day
- Morning, Afternoon
- Monday-Friday 9.00am-4.00pm
Costs & Bookings
Just drop in for further information
Please call centre landline to make an appointment for information session.
All of Dudley Borough
Mental health conditions, Communication impairment, Learning difficulty/disabilities, Autism
Toilet facilities, Wheelchair accessible, Disabled toilet
Links for information
Last updated 15th February 2023